Northern California Chapter, NECA’s educational programs keep you at the forefront of the electrical contracting industry. With programs on a wide range of topics, NorCal NECA has both your professional growth and your company’s future covered.
NECA’s educational programs provide innovation, business trends and effective leadership exclusive to electrical contractors.
NECA’s course instructors are the leaders in the industry, with unique insight and expertise to customize seminars to the management and business needs of professionals working in all levels of electrical contracting. Below are a list of upcoming classes being presented by the Northern California Chapter’s Member Services Committee.
- February 8, 2023 _ Managing Work in Progress and Key Performance Indicators _ Pleasanton
- February 9, 2023 _ Enable Success – Creating Alignment Between Field and Office _ Napa
- February 16, 2023 _ Professional Development Program: Goal Setting and Communicating _ Video Conference
- March 14-16, 2023 _ NECA Leadership Summit _ Pleasanton
- March 16, 2023 _ First Aid/CPR/AED Combination Class _ San Leandro
- April 3-4, 2023 _ Advanced Estimating of Electrical Construction _ Pleasanton
- April 5-6, 2023 _ Advanced Estimating of Electrical Construction _ Napa
- May 11, 2023 _ Key Performance Indicators: Using Lagging Information to Create Leading Indicators _ Napa
- May 25, 2023 _ Professional Development Program: Analyze Problems and Make Decisions _ Video Conference
- May 31, 2023 _ Retention Strategies: a Focused Partnership With Your Employee _ Napa
- June 6, 2023 _ Change Order Management _ Pleasanton
- June 8, 2023 _ Impacts and Tools for Managing Schedule Compression _ Napa
- August 17, 2023 _ Professional Development Program: Developing Personal Leadership _ Video Conference
- November 2, 2023 _ Professional Development Program: Motivating Your Team _ Video Conference
Foreman’s Development Series
NorCal NECA provides foreman specific training through the Foreman’s Development Series. The Foreman’s Development Series (FDS) consists of individual modules where foremen and journeymen have the opportunity to participate in an interactive learning atmosphere of teaching and discussion focused on industry “best practices.” This rigorous and robust multi-lesson education series replaces previously offered EPS and is designed to educate, excite, and expand one’s knowledge. Participants can earn continuing education hours towards state certification while strengthening skill sets and learning from highly trained subject matter experts. Module descriptions and registration information can be found here.
National NECA Educational Courses
National NECA also offers online educational courses for NECA Members. A full list of courses can be viewed on the NECA Learning Center website.
National NECA was able to license sexual harassment online training courses which meet California’s 2-hour requirement for supervisors and 1-hour requirement for employees. The 2-hour Supervisor’s course is available here for $19.00 and the 1-hour Employee’s course is available here for $13.00. To take the courses, individuals must have a profile in NECA’s membership database. To register your employees, your Accredited Representative can maintain rosters and register individuals at your company, or individuals can register themselves. The direct link to create a profile on the website, or use the “forgot password” tool to determine if someone already has a login, can be found here.
National NECA Online Project Management Courses
The project manager is an essential part of every electrical construction project. Project managers must determine how to effectively plan, organize and schedule and how to efficiently use labor, subcontractors, materials, time, installed equipment, budgets, construction equipment and company money. They must act as a conduit for information and have great communication skills.
To help new project managers moving into their roles, NECA has created a project management program consisting of thirty short courses that cover the topics all project managers need to know to be successful. Courses can be taken now through the NECA Learning Center. Click here for a list of the courses and to register.