Fall General Membership Meeting and Awards Presentation
The Chapter held its annual Fall General Membership Meeting and Awards dinner last week at the Palm Event Center in Pleasanton. Over 120 attended the event, networking with peers and making new acquaintances. The evening began with a welcome from Executive Director Greg Armstrong and Chapter President Greg Long.
After dinner, the Chapter presented the annual Project Excellence Awards. To keep the awards selection process fair to all of our members, projects are judged by industry professionals based on criteria including originality, aesthetics, workmanship and difficulty of installation.
We are excited to announce that seventeen projects were selected to receive Project Excellence Awards this year. Congratulations to the following recipients:
- Collins Electrical Company, Inc. – Mountain House High School Phase IV
- Columbia Electric, Inc.– Dougherty Road Improvements
- Del Monte Electric Company, Inc.– Yerba Buena High School New Student Union and Quad Modernization
- Del Monte Electric Company, Inc.– Kaiser Permanente San Leandro Solar
- Lloyd F. McKinney Associates, Inc.– The Flats
- Long Electric Company –Stone Brewing Napa
- McGrath Electric, Inc.– Center Street Parking Garage
- McGrath Electric, Inc.– Lynbrook High School Field House
- Morrow-Meadows Corporation– Boehringer Ingelheim – Fox/LTF
- PDE Total Energy Solutions – Las Positas College Microgrid
- Prime Electric, Inc. – Confidential Gaming Company
- Ray’s Electric – Solar Street Lights and Luminaires Installation
- SilMan Industries – Brooklyn Basin – CityLift Parking Electrical Installation (Ph 1, 2 & 3)
- SilMan Industries – Port of Oakland, Term. #1 Electric Ground Service Equipment Charging Stations
- Smith & Sons Electric, Inc. – West Valley College School of Professional Studies
- St.Francis Electric– TraPac Terminal Redevelopment – Berths 25-26
- Wilhite Electric, Inc. – The Chemical Synthesis Pilot Plant at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Jennifer Fothergill Joins the NorCal NECA Staff
On September 9th, Jennifer Fothergill joined the Northern California Chapter, NECA staff and will be working closely with the Alameda Division members, as well as doing the Business Development/Government Relations for Alameda County. Jenny has spent the past four years as Director of Operations at Pain Medicine Consultants. Prior to being Director of Operations, Jenny worked at the Law Office of Michael Later as the Legal/Administrative Assistant and Office Manager.
Join us in welcoming Jenny to the Chapter and please feel free to contact her at email@example.com.
Farewell to Julie Russell
This week, we are saying good-bye to Julie Russell. Julie joined the Chapter in 2011, and after eight years of dedicated service, she has decided to retire! Julie has worked tirelessly to assist our members and has helped plan countless trips to the NECA Convention and other meetings. We are all sorry to see her go, but extend our best wishes to her as she embarks on this new chapter in her life!
NECA Discounts and Services
Did you know that NECA connects its members with the products and services that support their businesses by securing discounts with a variety of popular companies? Check out member-exclusive Value Added Service (VAS) discounts with leading manufacturers and service providers by clicking here. NECA Members could save on PPE & apparel, office products, shipping rates, equipment purchase, car rentals, fleet maintenance and fuel, credit card processing, business development tools, as well as industry publications.
NorCal NECA members are also able to save on products purchased through Apple. For more information regarding this benefit, contact Janet Siemens with the Chapter office.
2019 Safety Excellence Award Program
The NorCal NECA/IBEW Local 595 Joint Safety Committee is pleased to announce the 2019 Safety Excellence Award Program established to recognize excellence in safety demonstrated by NorCal NECA member contractors and IBEW Local 595 electricians/technicians.
Please refer to the Safety Excellence Award page of the NorCal NECA website for more information and to submit your entries. Submissions must be received by September 27, 2019. Please contact Juanita Mitchell at the Chapter office if you have any questions.