OSHA Guidance on Protecting Workers
On Friday, January 29, 2021, OSHA released a press notice on new guidance related to protecting workers and mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. This guidance is in response to the Presidential Executive Order issued by President Joe Biden to address worker health and safety related to the Coronavirus and COVID-19.
To answer this executive order, OSHA has reiterated that face coverings and employer developed COVID-19 Prevention Programs are key in addressing the current pandemic facing the nation. The new guidance does include references to existing health and safety standards and how those regulations can provide guidance to employers.
Read the full NECA Legal Alert by clicking here.
You can find more OSHA tips by clicking here.
Job Site Safety Information Links
NorCal NECA has also compiled the following items to increase job site safety with regards to the coronavirus:
- NECA Guidance on Protecting Workers and Mitigating the Spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace
- NECA Hazard Risk Assessment Checklist
- NECA Infectious Control Policy (ICP) Template
- COVID-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness and Response Plan
- NECA Respiratory Protection Plan (RPP) Template
- Resiprators/Facemasks: Required, Recommended and Voluntary Uses
- ELECTRI COVID-19 Productivity Impacts Study
- Impact Notice Document to General Contractors
- What Can Employers Do to Prepare For Coronavirus – EHSToday
- Understanding Contract Rights
NECA Safety Talks
- NECA Safety Talk: COVID-19 Guidelines on Social Distancing
- NECA Safety Talk: COVID-19
- NECA Guidelines for Dealing with Coronavirus on Construction Sites
- NECA “Safety Talk: COVID-19 Worksite Safety Recommendations”
- NECA “Safety Talk: Social Distancing for Protection”
- NECA “Safety Talk: What to do if You Develop COVID-19 Symptoms”
- Cleaning of Tools to Help Prevent Spread of COVID-19