Requirements for Essential Businesses
Essential businesses that continue to operate facilities within the six Bay Area Counties must create, post and implement a Social Distancing Protocol for each facility frequented by employees or the public, using the template attached to the Order, which can be found here. Essential businesses must also provide a copy of their Social Distancing Protocol to all employees and must provide evidence of its implementation to any authority encoring the Order on demand.
Further NECA has put together the following Guidelines for Constructions Projects that Remain Operational. NECA’s General Counsel put together a Coronavirus Contractor Liability alert detailing best practices to avoid liability during and after the Coronavirus pandemic.
Essential Services Employee Travel
NECA has drafted this generic letter that an employer could provide to their employees, in the event of a lock down, that they are employed in an essential service and are able to be at work per the executive order. Every state and/or locale may have slightly different requirements, but this should be a good starting point. You will need to amend the letter to fit your specific needs.
Further, SmithCurrie & Hancock LLP has put together an Essential Services Employee Travel form, for contractors to complete and print for personnel to carry with them. The form is drafted for use in California.
Job Site Safety Information Links
NorCal NECA has also compiled the following items to increase job site safety with regards to the coronavirus:
- NECA Hazard Risk Assessment Checklist
- NECA Infectious Control Policy (ICP) Template
- COVID-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness and Response Plan
- NECA Respiratory Protection Plan (RPP) Template
- Resiprators/Facemasks: Required, Recommended and Voluntary Uses
- ELECTRI COVID-19 Productivity Impacts Study
- Impact Notice Document to General Contractors
- What Can Employers Do to Prepare For Coronavirus – EHSToday
- Understanding Contract Rights
NECA Safety Talks
- NECA Safety Talk: COVID-19 Guidelines on Social Distancing
- NECA Safety Talk: COVID-19
- NECA Guidelines for Dealing with Coronavirus on Construction Sites
- NECA “Safety Talk: COVID-19 Worksite Safety Recommendations”
- NECA “Safety Talk: Social Distancing for Protection”
- NECA “Safety Talk: What to do if You Develop COVID-19 Symptoms”
- Cleaning of Tools to Help Prevent Spread of COVID-19