2018 Safety Excellence Award
Administered by the IBEW 595/NorCal NECA Joint Safety Committee and sponsored by the Alameda County Labor-Management Cooperation Committee and the San Joaquin & Calaveras Counties labor-Management Cooperation Committee.
The IBEW 595/NorCal NECA Joint Safety Committee is proud to announce the 2018 Safety Excellence Award program to recognize excellence in safety on IBEW/NECA projects. Awards will be presented at the IBEW 595 Volunteer Appreciation Night in December for the following project Types:
Sound & Communication
For each project type, awards will be presented in two categories based on ‘under’ and ‘over’ 5,000 man-hours. Each entry must nominate a specific project completed by a Northern California Chapter, NECA member contractors AND/OR a member of IBEW 595. Only projects within the IBEW 595 jurisdiction (Alameda, Calaveras and San Joaquin Counties) are eligible. Awards will be presented to the contractor and one IBEW 595 member associated with the project who has demonstrated steadfast safety practices. Awards will be based on actual safety records as well as proactive efforts to promote safety in the workplace.
- The ratio of recordable injuries to man-hours worked during the calendars year
- Implementing improvements in safety process that result in injury reduction
- Increased employee awareness, and/or cost savings (team or individual)
- Lost work days
- Work on the project must be performed in the 2018 calendar year
In the event a project qualifies for more than one category, or its category seems unclear, the Judging Committee will make the final determination as to the category.
A Judging Committee consisting of equal NECA and IBEW representatives will review entries. No judges shall have conflicts of interest associated with projects or nominees.
- Submit a written description of the nominee’s contribution of how this IBEW member displayed commitment to safety and involved others in that commitment
- Describe other contributions the nominee has made to job-site safety